Having lived in HH for 2.5 years, I experienced all that the city has to offer: the sun, the sea, the food and the hot sticky weather. HK is an incredible city full of juxtaposition: from the street markets selling everything you can imagine to the mansions on the peak a hill top town with the most incredible view of the harbour.
Life as a expat was great, there were lots of other expats of similar ages working in the city, english was widely spoken, asian and western food and services were easily accessible. There are so many things I could write about talking about HK but instead i'm going to give you my top 5 must do things to do in this cosmopolitan city.
- Have a foot massage at ten foot tall or happy feet in central
- Go to the china club for dinner (preferably on a friday or saturday night as these are the most lively nights with noodle shows) this is a members only club but most hotel concierges should be able to get you a reservation but book in advance
- Hike one of the famous trails i suggest dragons back (as its the easiest)
- Visit sai kung and have lunch by the pier and take a boat to sai wan beach (just not when its very choppy)
- Dance the night away in lan kwai fong to cheesy music
Love MM xx